Wichita State looking into women’s basketball transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some things we should keep in mind

One: consider the source. Some of the allegations that are being thrown out are unsubstantiated and, more importantly, don't have attribution - in other words, the person making the claim isn't willing to be quoted on the record. Such claims should carry less weight.

Two: some former players that grumbled a bit about HCJA's methods while they were here are now saying they learned some valuable life-lessons from Jody. There were at least three former players at the awards banquet. If someone asked them I believe they'll say as much.

Third: a number of players leave every D-1 program. I haven't looked that hard at it, but I'd bet that, even discounting the one-and-dones, the percentage of players leaving Bill Self's KU team before graduating isn't that much different than the WSU Women's program. It's just the nature of big-time sports.

It's not ok to abuse players. It's also not ok to treat somebody's professional reputation carelessly.

Comment

there are tweets now from former Kennesaw players. Some are shocking http://www.ksuowlhowl.com/wow/

I
      hope the girls at Wichita are holding up okay

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding1977 View Post
        One: consider the source. Some of the allegations that are being thrown out are unsubstantiated and, more importantly, don't have attribution - in other words, the person making the claim isn't willing to be quoted on the record. Such claims should carry less weight.

Two: some former players that grumbled a bit about HCJA's methods while they were here are now saying they learned some valuable life-lessons from Jody. There were at least three former players at the awards banquet. If someone asked them I believe they'll say as much.

Third: a number of players leave every D-1 program. I haven't looked that hard at it, but I'd bet that, even discounting the one-and-dones, the percentage of players leaving Bill Self's KU team before graduating isn't that much different than the WSU Women's program. It's just the nature of big-time sports.

It's not ok to abuse players. It's also not ok to treat somebody's professional reputation carelessly.
        Well Julie Scherz did interview Kelsey Jacobs and Alex Harden so I would think what those two standouts in the program had to say will be weighed pretty heavily. We may never know what Kelsey and Alex had to say but I'm sure it will have an impact. What the impact will be time will tell.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 25, 2015, 06:08 PM.

Comment

What do you mean consider the source? Who do you expect the source to be when there are allegations of this type?

This is also a big enabling issue. Endicott is part of the problem too in that all of this stuff has just been ignored by her the last four or five years. This commitment to communism that the East German athletes had to sign sounds about like her antics. What the hell are her qualifications to have this job anyway? Surprised Chris Lamb puts up with her nepotism and incompetence. No I'm not a player or related to one, let's just say I have witnessed her so called processes she uses when choosing head coaching candidates.
          Last edited by Cleo Liitlefield; April 25, 2015, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Well Julie Scherz did interview Kelsey Jacobs and Alex Harden so I would think what those two standouts in the program had to say will be weighed pretty heavily. We may never know what Kelsey and Alex had to say but I'm sure it will have an impact. What the impact will be time will tell.
            What did they have to sign before they talked? An agreement to allow their diplomas?

Comment

Why are you comparing the WSU women to KU men where there are numerous "one and done" players along with a few publicized head cases? Totally different situations. Perhaps a better comparison would be WSU men's program, but then they don't have starters leaving either.

Comment

Statement from Eric Sexton:

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/...tions/32575344
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                  Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Jody Adams but I suppose the politically correct thing to say at this point.

Comment

The latest from Paul Suellentrop of The Wichita Eagle:

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e19563606.html
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                      The latest from Paul Suellentrop of The Wichita Eagle:

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e19563606.html
                      And this one, also from Sunday's paper.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                        And this one, also from Sunday's paper.
                        For those blocked by Kansas.com Gregg said:

"I've always known Jody to be very intense and demanding. I've never seen her, in the seven years we've worked together, do anything that I would consider crossing the line. I know she holds herself and her team to a very high standard".
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          For those blocked by Kansas.com Gregg said:

"I've always known Jody to be very intense and demanding. I've never seen her, in the seven years we've worked together, do anything that I would consider crossing the line. I know she holds herself and her team to a very high standard".
                          I would expect him to say nothing less. Kind of in a no win situation there. Although I guess he could've stayed silent.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            I would expect him to say nothing less. Kind of in a no win situation there. Although I guess he could've stayed silent.
                            I agree. With his own team to take care of I doubt he has paid a lot of attention to what goes on in the women's practices.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Only think I don't understand is for every 10 or so that have negative comments about HCJA and staff, only 1 has positive comments. Not a very good ratio at all. You have to wonder what's really the story behind the ones praising HCJA. I feel there's more to the story with some of them, but at this point everything is he said/she said. Who do you believe? I'm still inclined to believe the majority, the ones that didn't have much positive to say.

Comment

Is Jody Adams married?

Comment

Working...
                                X